Sword of Ares
The new online slot, Sword of Ares, from Pragmatic Play introduces us to the Greek God Ares and his mighty sword.
The game features 6 reels and 5 rows. A win is generated when 8 or more of the same symbol types appear anywhere on the screen. Additionally, bets range from a minimum of 0.20 to a maximum of 50, and there are three different return-to-player rates in the game.
The default is 96.40%, but game operators can switch to 95.40% or 94.44% if they prefer. The volatility of Sword of Ares is high, with potential payouts of up to 10,000 times your wager. The Scatter-pay mechanics and the growing multiplier combine to create potentially game-changing payouts which can create up to 10,000 times the wager.
In our search for greater fortune in this gaming adventure with the God of war, we have access to some excellent tools. The special features include free spins, bonus buy, bomb symbols, tumble,and a multiplier collection.
Sword of Ares Slot Interface
Gameplay and Mechanics
Due to its simplistic layout, Sword of Ares requires only the following to get started:
- Access the game‘s rules, paytable, and additional features by clicking the “I” button in the lower right.
- Place your bets which can range from 0.20 to 50 using the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons.
- You can make use of the option to set a maximum spending limit to prevent excessive spending during your session
- To play in regular mode, select the main spin button once; to play in turbo spin mode, select and hold.
Sword of Ares consists of low- and high-paying symbols. Low-paying symbols are gemstones in red, blue, purple, and green. If you get 12 of any of these symbols, you will be paid between x1 and x3 of your wager.
The high-paying symbols include a helmet, a chariot, a sword, and a shield. If you get 12 of any of these symbols, you will get paid between x5 and x20 of your wager.
On the paytable, the golden warrior helmet is the top standard symbol in terms of payout. If you bet 1 Sweepstakes Coin and land 12 to 30 of these symbols, you’ll earn 20.00 coins.
Ares himself acts as a scatter symbol, and you can use gold-plated bomb symbols to your advantage in the feature where you gather multipliers. Speaking of features, below you will find the most famous options that Sword of Ares has to offer.
Bonus Features and Special Symbols
Sword of Ares Symbols
Each time the reels stop, any winning symbols will be removed from the board and new symbols will fill in the empty spaces at the top as the old ones fall down. If you’re lucky, this could open up new ways to win after only one spin. Furthermore, this function of cascading reels will keep going until no new winning combos can be produced.
In the default setting, there is a meter at the top of the screen with three fixed multiplier settings. During free games, you can lock in a total of six different multiplier settings. The number of winning symbols and the total number of exploded symbols are tallied after each spin. By accumulating a certain number of symbols, you can get access to the next level.
For the duration of the main game:
- The first multiplier unlocks after 20 symbols have exploded and will earn you a random multiplier between 2x, 3x or 4x.
- The second multiplier unlocks after 50 symbols have exploded to earn you a random multiplier between 5x, 6x, 7x or 8x.
- The third multiplier unlocks after 100 symbols explode, and will earn you a random multiplier between 9x, 10x, 11x, 12x, 13x, 14x or 15x.
Once you can’t make any more tumbles, your total win will be multiplied by the highest multiplier you’ve accumulated.
Bomb symbols can appear during regular and bonus game spins. When they do, they will stay put until no more winning combinations can be made. They will then explode and eliminate symbols in either a horizontal, vertical, cross, or X pattern.
This will set off a tumble, which will collect the bomb symbols and the symbols that were blown off during the explosion. The bomb symbol cannot detonate in the default game until at least one tumble has occurred.
Sword of Ares Slot Features
The scatter symbol triggers the free spins bonus round when four or more are landed. Getting 4, 5, or 6 scatters results in an instant payout of 3, 15, or 100 times the wager, respectively. The bonus round continues with 15 free spins (which cannot be retriggered), during which you can advance through a total of six levels of increasing multipliers.
- The first multiplier unlocks after 15 symbols explode and will earn you a random multiplier between 2X, 3X or 4X
- The second multiplier unlocks after 27 symbols explode and will earn you a random multiplier between 5X, 6X, 7X or 8X.
- The third multiplier unlocks after 39 symbols explode and will earn you a random multiplier between 9X, 10X, 11X, 12X, 13X, 14X or 15X.
- The fourth multiplier unlocks after 55 symbols explode and will earn you a random multiplier between 16X, 17X, 18X, 19X, 20X, 22X or 25X.
- The fifth multiplier will unlock after 85 symbols have exploded and will earn you a random multiplier of 26X, 28X, 30X, 32X, 35X, 40X or 50X.
- The sixth multiplier unlocks after 235 symbols explode, to earn you a random of 500x.
When no further tumbles are formed, the counters above the reels are reset, and new multipliers are revealed.
In the main game, you can immediately access the free spins rounds by purchasing them for 100 times the current total wager.
Furthermore, four, five, or six scatters can appear at random on the spin that activates the free spins bonus round.
Sword of Ares Slot Bonus Buy Feature
Design and Graphics
The game’s aesthetic is inspired by mythology and legends from ancient Greece. Here, players will engage the powerful God Ares in a fight for wealth. On the right of the reels, we can make out Ares, while the reels themselves are set against a backdrop of massive, aesthetically pleasing pillars covered in climbing vines.
The diamonds in the symbol’s design are befitting of a deity. As has come to be expected of Pragmatic Play‘s online slots, the animations run smoothly. The sound effects, which complement the overall concept, also help to create a fascinating mood befitting a renowned figure.
While the standard gameplay of Sword of Ares is quite basic, we think that the game’s extra accessible features make it worthwhile to play. We know that high-volatility free casino slots like Sword of Ares are known for their unpredictable outcomes. However, it’s no surprise that the developers built in a symbol collection multiplier feature that keeps things interesting which has the potential to unlock some decent win multipliers.
Unfortunately, the multiplier also resets during the bonus round, unlike in Gates of Olympus. Nonetheless, Sword of Ares has a potential of 10,000x wins, which is twice as high as its predecessor’s.
In the Sword of Ares slot, players have the opportunity to win up to 10,000 times their bet. The game offers the potential for significant wins, especially with the inclusion of multipliers and bonus features.
The Sword of Ares slot by Pragmatic Play has an Ancient Greek theme and is set in a mythical world featuring the warrior Ares. The game incorporates Ancient Greek imagery and symbols within its design.
The Sword of Ares slot is played on a 6×5 grid, which means it has 6 reels and 5 rows of symbols.